Hello! I created a card for Pretty Pink Posh’s water color blog hop & The Daily Marker’s 30 day coloring challenge.
For my entry, I created a multi-purpose card featuring my favorite flowers: peonies. I am not comfortable with my watercoloring skills, but I’m practicing, and slowly showing improvement. I used the Kuretake ZIG clean color real brush pens to water color my stamped image.
*Tim Holtz water color paper
*Stampendous Bouquet for You stamp set
*Ranger archival ink in jet black
*Kuretake ZIG clean color real brush pens (I have the 12 pack)
*ZIG wink of stella glitter brush marker pen
*Neenah white card stock
*Lawn Fawn Flirty Frames stamp set (hey there sentiment)
*Hero Arts Thanks stamp & cut stamp set (you are amazing sentiment)
*Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle dies
*Spellbinders nestabilities circle dies
*Hot off the Press heat resistant acetate
*Pretty Pink Posh sequins in sparkling clear
*Pretty Pink Posh lilac garden flowers sequins
*Teresa Collins sequins
*Doodlebug Design rainbow pack sequin
*Martha Stewart iridescent hearts glitter
*Ranger glossy accents
I will try to explain my process. Ok, here goes:
1. I stamped my image on a piece of watercolor paper using waterproof black ink. I had to do a lot of masking for the flowers and glass bottle.
2. I water colored the image using some clean color real brush pens. I just kept building up the color until I was happy.
3. After drying the image, I used my wink of stella pen to give the petals a little sparkle, and then fussy cut around the flowers and bottle. I took a black marker around the cut edge to give it a more finished appearance.
4. I cut out a piece of white card stock using a stitched rectangle die. Then, I cut out a circle in the rectangle that I just cut. On the back of that, I adhered a piece of acetate. On the front, I stamped my sentiment using two different stamp sets.
5. On the back of the rectangle, I adhered foam tape around the circle, carefully making sure that I didn’t leave any spaces. (Don’t want any sequins to fall out!) I went ahead and double layered the foam tape to give the sequins plenty of room to shake around.
6. I cut and scored another piece of card stock to serve as my card base. In the center of my card base, I piled a lot of different sequins, keeping in mind the colors of my peonies and bottle.
7. I adhered the rectangle card stock to the card base, making sure none of the sequins escaped.
8. I adhered the peonies & bottle image to the front of the rectangle & window using more foam tape for extra dimension.
9. For the finishing touch, I added just a few sequins to the front of the card.
…and that’s it!
I linked in this card for the water color blog hop! I hope you’ll join in the hop as well!
You can find out more about it here: prettypinkposh.com/2015/06/watercolor-blog-hop.html
This card also serves as my day 5 for The Daily Marker’s 30 day coloring challenge! You can join in at any time!
you can read about it here: www.thedailymarker.com/2015/06/day-1-copic-coloring-and-video/