It’s now June, so I figured that I would share with you what I’ve been loving in the month of May.
May is a super busy month for us, with dance rehearsals and recitals, and winding down toward the end of the school year for both the girls…but I did have some favorites.
First up, crafty favorites:
1. Lawn Fawn Flirty Frames stamp set with the matching lawn cuts (dies). I usually don’t buy the matching dies; I am perfectly fine with fussy cutting, and dies can get expensive, but there are just some stamps that look better with them, and these flirty frames dies cut out the stamps perfectly. I will be posting some projects that I’ve used this set for on my blog soon.
2. Martha Stewart Iridescent Hearts & Stars Glitter 12 pk. I have been loving these tiny hearts and stars for shaker cards. Any time I make shaker cards, I use a little bit of these. You can see them in my blog posts: “DIY birthday…& a birthday shaker card too,” “Cards featuring Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcakes stamps,” and “my very first shaker card.”
3. Doodlebug Design Rainbow Pack Sequins. This is such a cute little set of sequins, and I love that there is a variety of colors for me to choose from. I use these for shaker cards, as well as glued to the front of non-shaker cards for a little somethin’ somethin’… You can see them on my cards in my previous blog post “cards for my pen pals.”
On the the beauty favorites:
1. Colourpop Cosmetics: I got into this brand, because I was looking for affordable, long-wearing, cream makeup for my girls recital makeup. Quickly, the products became a favorite for me. They have an interesting creamy/ gel-like texture, and lasts a really long time. Another big perk: affordability; each item is either $5 or $8, unless you get a set.
*Colourpop blush in “between the sheets.” This shade is a very wearable, everyday mauve-pink.
*Colourpop eyeshadow in ” Desert.” This is a really nice crease color.
*Coloupop lipliner in “pony.” Love this color; bright, cool toned, purple-pink. It’s so creamy, I use it as a lipstick.
2. Real Techniques makeup brushes: These makeup brushes are my all time favorite brand. They’re super soft, very affordable, easy to wash, and don’t shed. I usually get them at Ulta using a coupon, but I have seen them at Wal-Mart and Kohl’s recently as well. They are in my favorites this month, because of Colourpop. Since the Colourpop eyeshadow & blush are a cream texture, a synthetic makeup brush works best. I have been using the “stippling brush” for the blush, and the “shading brush” for the eyeshadow.
That’s my May faves! What are some of your favorites?