Hey guys! Today I have my last card for you as a DT member for Mint Owl Studio. I am going to try and slow down as we prepare for baby #3 to arrive. Even so, I absolutely love Tracy and Mint Owl Studio, so I hope to be guest posting in the future!
I created a fun summer card using the Mint Owl Studio Beach Babes stamp set. You can find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today as well!
To create my card:
- On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the girl & sand mound images from the Beach Babes stamp set using Memento tuxedo black ink.
- I colored in the images with Copic markers and added detail with a white gel pen.
- I fussy cut the images, and set them aside.
- I die cut a stitched rectangle and pierced circle from another piece of white cardstock.
- Using Versamark ink and Ranger gold embossing powder, I stamped and heat set a sentiment from the same stamp set.
- I placed the die cut panel over my card base, and lightly traced the circle opening.
- I taped the edges of my card base, and then ink blended some Tim Holtz distress inks where I marked the circle. I used the colors salty ocean & carved pumpkin.
- I glued on the sand mound, and then I adhered the girl using foam tape.
- I adhered the sentiment panel on top using foam tape.
- To finish off my card, I added some gold sequins and some brown sequins (from a previous Mint Owl Studio sequin mix called coffee bean).
I hope you like how my card turned out. I have always love white on white, so I love the clean look of this card!
Happy Friday y’all!
It’s July! Already! This is a super busy month for us! We’ve got a wedding, my younger daughter’s birthday, and my husband & I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary!
Today, I have a sweet birthday card, featuring Mint Owl Studio’s Sweet Treats stamp set.
Here’s how I made my card:
- I die cut a stitched rectangle out of a piece of white cardstock.
- Using Memento tuxedo black ink, I stamped the lollipop image from the Sweet Treats stamp set multiple times.
- I colored in the lollipops using Copic markers. I also colored in the lollipops with a clear glitter marker, although you can’t really see it from the photos.
- I mounted the colored panel onto a raspberry colored card stock panel using fun foam for dimension.
- On a piece of black card stock, I stamped and heat set a sentiment from the same stamp set using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.
- I cut out the sentiment in a flag shape, then mounted it using foam adhesive.
- To finish up my card, I added some sequins from the Kaleidoscope mix. (The pink sequins are from a past Mint Owl Studio sequin mix called hearts & kisses.)
I hope you like how my colorful card turned out! I had fun creating it!
You can find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today as well.
Hey guys! How is your summer going so far? Being in Texas, and half way through my pregnancy, all I can say is that I’m hot ALL. THE. TIME! Ha!
Today, I’ve got a card featuring Mint Owl Studio’s Beach Babes & Best Finfriends stamp set.
It was also my first time playing with one of Ken Oliver Craft’s Color Bursts. If you follow my instagram, you’ll see that things got a little bit messy, lol! I had blue dye on my fingers all day (even after washing my hands at least 10 times). I must have inhaled some as well, because I got blue when I had to sneeze or blow my nose (allergies), and when I went to wash my face that evening, I had some blue specs on my face & neck. Regardless, I love the tie-dye effect the color burst gave to my under-the-sea card.
Here’s how I created my card:
- I die cut a piece of watercolor paper with a stitched rectangle die.
- Using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, I stamped and heat set the various images from the Beach Babes & Best Finfriends stamp sets in a diagonal pattern across my watercolor paper.
- I sprinkled some KO color burst in ultramarine blue over my stamped image, then sprayed my paper with water. To distribute the color more, and to create a tie-dye look, I took a wet paper towel, and kind of smooshed the water and pigment around.
- I sprinkled more color burst, and sprayed with more water, until I was happy with how it looked.
- While the watercolor piece was drying, I stamped and heat set the sentiment from the Beach Babes stamp set on a piece of black cardstock with Versamark ink and white embossing powder. I cut out the sentiment in a ribbon/fishtale.
- I attached the watercolor panel onto a white card base using craft foam for dimension.
- I attached the sentiment with some foam adhesive for even more dimension.
- To finish my card, I added some clear sequins from the Mint Owl Sequin mix, and some smaller clear sequins from my stash with some multi matte medium glue.
I hope you like how my card turned out! I really like how it turned out! I love this color of blue, and I love anything tie-dye!
You’ll find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today as well!
Today, I’ve got a sneak peek for you featuring one of Mint Owl Studio’s new stamp sets! They are releasing new stamps sets tomorrow, so don’t forget to stop by the blog & shop to check it out!
I absolutely love this stamp set!
Hey guys! Today I have a pirate themed card for you featuring Mint Owl Studio’s A Pirate’s Life stamp set and gold sequins.
To create my card:
- I stamped the ship image from the A Pirate’s Life stamp set onto a scrap of white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink.
- I colored in the ship with copic markers, then fussy cut it out.
- I die cut a stitched rectangle out of another piece of white cardstock for my background panel.
- I made my own cloud mask, and started ink blending some clouds with distress tumbled glass ink on the upper half of the panel.
- I also hand cut a ocean horizon mask, and covered the clouds that I just created. I used distress inks in broken china, evergreen bough, and chipped sapphire for the ocean. With the mask still in place, I sprinkled some water over the ocean portion, then blot with a paper towel. I also added some wink of stella glitter pen over the ocean.
- I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set towards the upper right with Memento tuxedo black ink.
- I popped the whole panel up with some fun foam and attached it to an A2 sized white card base.
- I attached the ship with foam tape.
- To finish my card, I added a few gold sequins.
That’s it for my card! I hope you like it. I think it’s a great card for a boy. On the inside, I can stamp a perfect sentiment for the occasion, like “Happy Birthday!” You’ll find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today as well!
Hey guys! Today I have an all boy card for you featuring Mint Owl Studio’s Under Construction stamp set. I’ve got a couple nephews this card would be perfect for! This would work for a Father’s Day card too!
You can find my card on the MOS blog today as well!
I made this card by stamping some of the images from the Under Construction stamp set on white cardstock that I had die cut with a stitched rectangle, then coloring them in with copic markers. I mounted the panel on a black card base. I added a sentiment from the same stamp set, white heat embossing onto black card stock, cutting it into a ribbon shape, and then foam mounting it onto the card. I added a few sequins from MOS kaleidoscope sequin mix to finish my card.
I hope you like my card!
Hello friends! Today I have a butterfly thinking of you card featuring Mint Owl Studio‘s Butterfly Kisses stamp set and Mixed Triangles stencil.
How I created this card:
- I stamped one of the butterflies from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- I colored in the butterfly with copic markers, then fussy cut it out.
- On a piece of white card stock, I stamped just the body and the antennae of the butterfly, and stamped the dashed swirl.
- I blended a little bit of Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink over the stamped antennae & dashed line.
- On a separate piece of white card stock, I die cut the panel into a scalloped rectangle, and then die cut a scalloped circle.
- I masked of the scalloped portions of the rectangle & circle, and taped the Mixed Triangle stencil on top.
- I inked through the stencil using Tim Holtz distress ink in spun sugar and picked raspberry, creating a subtle ombre look.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- I used foam tape and adhered the top scalloped panel over the blue ink blended card stock. Then, I adhered them to a white card base.
- Finally I adhered the butterfly, carefully lining it up with the stamped antennae. I added one layer of foam tape to the body, and 2 layers of foam tape for the wings.
- To finish off my card, I used my corner chomper and rounded the corners of my card, and to add a little sparkle, I added a little bit of glitter glue to the butterfly.
That’s it for me! I really hope you enjoyed my card! You can find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog as well!