I love holiday decorating! I got the fall box out of the attic today, and dusted off all of my little pumpkins.
7 DECORATING TIPS:
1. Don’t try to buy everything at once. My collection has grown little by little; I usually only buy a few things each year.
2. Bargain shop! Most of these items I have bought at either Hobby Lobby, Michael’s or JoAnn’s using a coupon on my phone. Always check online before you go shopping. Hobby Lobby usually has a 40% off one item coupon on their website. Did you know that you can use competitor coupons at Michael’s and JoAnn’s? Also, you can use multiple coupons at JoAnn’s. I also like to shop at tjmaxx, Marshall’s, and Homegoods. Don’t forget the day-after sales (I like target)!
3. Try a little DIY. In the first picture, I spray painted a cheap pumpkin gold. In the second picture, I bought a bag of cheap foam pumpkins and then I stacked & glue-gunned them to make them taller.
4. Add personal items. I display the frame of my favorite costume picture of my girls from Halloween 2011 every year.
5. Especially for fall, I try to find items that I can keep displayed for both Halloween and Thanksgiving…mostly pumpkins. Then I throw in just a few items for each holiday, like the jack-o-lantern for Halloween.
6. Group items together! It makes such a bigger impact when you have 3 pumpkins grouped together, than if you had them spread out.
7. Buy a sturdy box for storage. I keep all of my decor in plastic rubbermaid/ sterilite containers. Clear containers make it easier to see what’s in your boxes, but you can also color coordinate for your seasons. Last Christmas, lime green rubbermaid containers went on clearance, so I bought 3 big lime green boxes for my Christmas decor.
Hope these tips help you out! I would love to know if you have any tips!
Happy Thursday friends!