Hello! Today I’m on the Scrapbook Circle blog playing along with another installment of 1 Product 2 Ways using the August kit. The product that we’re using is Pretty Little Studio’s mini word tags. I’d love for you to come check it out!
I created a layout featuring my sister’s corgi pup Domingo! We are dog lovers in our house, that’s for sure! Isn’t he so cute?!!!
Hey guys! I’m on the My Mind’s Eye blog today with a fun summer layout! I’d love for you to head over there to check it out for more pics and details!
We have been spending quite a lot of time at the pool this summer, and our girls just love it! I bought some “underwater housing” for my iPhone off of Amazon a few weeks back, which basically looks like a heavy duty ziplock bag, and it’s been fun to take underwater pics of the girls!
Here’s a layout I made using some of the underwater pics.
Happy Thursday y’all!
Hey guys! How is your weekend going? Today I’m on the Scrapbook Circle blog with a layout I made highlighting the stencil in the August kit. I used the triangle stencil 4 different ways, creating embellishments for my layout. Come stop by the blog to check it out!
I finally got around to documenting the painting date my daughter went on with her friends last summer. She had a blast, and we love how her painting turned out! (Faces & names blurred for privacy.)
Happy Saturday y’all!
Hey guys! Today, I’m sharing with you some recent favorites. I’ve got a couple maternity must haves, some snacks, a couple iPhone apps, and a few beauty items. I am 25 weeks pregnant, so a lot of my favorites are influenced by my pregnancy. I will try to provide links to items where I can.
I am by no means a style expert. I wear a lot of basics & what’s comfortable. I am also highly influenced by this 100+ degree weather here in Texas. (I am sweating in places I’ve never sweat before, LOL!)
- I got to choose a dress from PINKBLUSHMATERNITY.com for review, and I chose the Navy Blue Short Sleeve Fitted Dress. There are a ton of beautiful dresses on the site, but I decided to choose something that I could wear more than once or twice.My husband and I recently celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary, and I wore this dress for date night. I felt cute, but comfortable. Win Win! I also love how versatile this dress is! It can be dressed up with pretty shoes, accessories, and a red lip, or it can be dressed down with a pony tail and chucks. Love!
- Maternity tanks. Any brand will do. I happen to come across a really good sale at Motherhood, so I grabbed 3. I live in these tanks, along with full panel maternity denim shorts.
- Maternity swimsuit. As I mentioned, the heat in Texas is unbearable, so the girls and I go to our neighborhood pool at least once a week. A maternity swimsuit was a must buy for me! I love this striped one from Motherhood. It came as a 2 piece, but the bottoms were huge, so I had to buy a separate bottom. I ended up buying a plain navy bottom from Target. No big deal. Here’s a pic I posted to my instagram a few weeks back.
My “beauty routine” is really simple, especially now that I’m pregnant. On a day to day basis, I’m usually good with moisturizer, brows, and under-eye concealer. If I want to put in a little more effort, I’ll add a pretty lip color and just a little color on my eyes.
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream. I purchased mine at Sephora. I normally have extreme combination skin…I have a very oily t-zone, but super dry cheeks. During my 1st trimester however, I was really dry (probably due to all the morning sickness). My normal gel moisturizer wasn’t enough, so I went to sephora and asked one of the employees for help. I was also conscience of ingredients since I know some skincare ingredients are not good for pregnancy. The girl I talked to was super nice, and told me to try the KS goat milk moisturizer. Even though it was more pricier than I like to spend, I decided to give it a try, and I absolutely love it! It works really well at moisturizing my dry cheeks, but doesn’t make my t-zone oilier. The only con I have is that I am almost out, and I’ve only had it for a few months.
- NYX micro brow pencil. I have mine in taupe & ash brown. I picked it up at Target. This pencil makes filling in my brows fast and easy. It’s not too creamy so it doesn’t smear, and has the perfect amount of wax.
- Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. I have mine in light medium, and I picked it up at Target. This has been my favorite concealer all summer, and I believe I’ve featured it in a monthly favorites before. It’s creamy, blends easily, and lasts all day.
- Bite beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in the color Tatin. I got mine at Sephora. I love this brand, especially since I’m pregnant, because it’s made out of food grade ingredients. You could literally eat this lipstick, and you’d be a-ok. I picked mine in a fun pink shade for summer.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick eye color. I have mine in Rose Gold, and I got it at sephora. This eye shadow stick is such a pretty color! I like to add it to my inner corners for a little highlight, but it’s great for adding a little pop to your lids. It blends easily, and doesn’t budge once it’s set. Love it!
I have been loving ice water in my 20 oz stainless steel RTIC tumbler (you can find it on Amazon). I love fruits, especially watermelon. I have also been loving beef jerky. Surprisingly, I haven’t had too much of a sweet tooth, but I do like to have a bite or two of something sweet, which is why I have been loving thin cookies. I was walking the isles in Target one day when I spied Brownie Brittle. I picked one up on a whim and raved about it on instagram. It’s like a brownie flavored thin cookie. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend that you do! I also have been loving Mrs Thinster’s Cookie Thins in toasted coconut, after trying a sample at SAMS club (You can find it on Amazon). Cherry ICEEs…not the imitation icees, but the real deal ICEES! So soothing for my hot flashes and heart burn, LOL!
Misc Pregnancy Must haves:
- I have been taking the Vitafusion PreNatal gummy vitamins. I usually pick mine up at the grocery store or Target.
- TUMS…because I have heartburn…really bad…
- Lots of pillows! I am currently using 4. That may sound excessive, but it’s hard to find a comfy position when you’ve got a basketball sized belly!
- Flip Flops. I live in Texas, it’s summer, and I’m pregnant…enough said.
Pregnancy iPhone apps
- What To Expect App. You can read about each week; how the baby’s developing and how your body is changing.
- Baby Story photo app. This is the app that I use to put the weeks/fruit size on my belly pics (like the one in my swimsuit shown above). I think it’s a really cute way to document my pregnancy.
That’s pretty much what I’ve been loving lately. What about you? What have you been loving lately? Do you have any pregnancy recommendation?
Happy Friday y’all and enjoy your weekend!
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a happy day!
Today, I’m sharing a card I made using Altenew’s painted flowers stamp set. I wanted to make a simple, clean, yet elegant card for a wedding that I am attending. I used the colors that were on the wedding invitation, and I absolutely love how this turned out! (supplies linked below!)
Hey guys! I hope you’re having a lovely summer so far!
I documented my Pioneer Woman book signing in a scrapbook layout. The floral in My Mind’s Eye’s Hello Gorgeous collection was perfect for this layout. I love how it turned out! You can find more photos and details on my My Mind’s Eye blog post.
Hey guys! I hope you all are doing well, and getting some crafty time in!
Today, I’ve got this Sunshine layout and a tech tip on the Scrapbook Circle blog. I will be showing you step-by-step how to add dimension to your die cuts. I hope you’ll go check it out. For this layout I used the July kit Today is the Day, and a few pieces from May’s kit Here & Now.
I finally scrapbooked out trip to Galveston last year. I love this pic of cousins!