The girls have started school this week, and I am still trying to adjust to our new schedule. My oldest daughter is now in 4th grade, and my younger one started kindergarten. (Scrapbook layouts to come soon!) While they were at school yesterday, I finally found some time to craft!
I recently won a giveaway, and I got a stamp set in the mail. It’s the Mondo Poinsettia by Julie set by Essentials by Ellen.
I really like to get the most use out of my stamps, and I didn’t want to use this stamp set only during holidays, so I had the idea of making a fall card using just the leaves. I love the way it turned out! Pictures, supplies, and the steps I used to create my card are all included in this post!
Here is what I came up with.
…and since I had my supplies out anyway, I made a holiday card as well.
Here are the stars of the show:
Here’s how I created my cards:
- I stamped the images several times in Versamark ink on watercolor paper, and embossed using American Crafts Zing gold embossing powder.
- Then I watercolored the images using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor palette.
- Once dry, I die cut a big square out of the leaves image, and a rectangle out of the poinsettia image.
- I attached the watercolored images using foam tape to card bases that I made.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Stephanie Bernard for Sizzix stamp set using the same ink and embossing powder onto black card stock.
- Using my paper trimmer, I trimmed the sentiment, and attached it to my card using some thin foam tape.
- Lastly, I attached a few gold sequins using glossy accents (my favorite wet adhesive), and added a little extra shimmer using my wink of stella glitter pen,.
Hope you like my cards! Even though this stamp set is geared more towards the holidays, you could easily use it year long by stamping and coloring the leaves according to the season.