Heads up: Mother’s day is right around the corner (it’s just 2 weeks away). What a perfect excuse for my card making obsession!
Today, I’m sharing easy Mother’s day cards using my new favorite inks by hero arts: ombre inks.
Here’s what I created, with a close-up of each card.
and my supply list in picture form:
Here’s how I made the cards:
1. Using the second biggest Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die, I die cut Neenah white card stock 3 times.
2. I inked up my Penny Black butterfly stamp with the Hero Arts Ombre ink pad using a “cha cha” motion, as demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire on her blog jennifermcguireink.com, and stamped the image on the white card stock. (I used the pool to navy ink pad on one, and then the pink to red ink pad on the other 2.)
3. I then stamped the “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Best Mom Ever clear stamp set below the butterfly using the same ombre ink pads.
4. I chose 3 patterned papers from my favorite Heidi Swapp paper pad, and die cut using the largest Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die.
5. I attached the patterned paper rectangles to a hot pink card base.
6. Using American Crafts pop up foam dots, I attached the stamped white card stock on top of the patterned paper.
…and there you have it!
I loved how these turned out, and how simple it was to put together. Using the ombre inks really made a difference in how the butterfly turned out. I think it looks much better than had I used a single colored ink. Can I just say that the quality of these ink pads are amazing? They are my first Hero Arts ink pads, and I love them! Also, I love how the “stitches” in the Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle dies add just that extra something something.
Have a wonderful Saturday!