To create my card:
- I stamped the ship image from the A Pirate’s Life stamp set onto a scrap of white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink.
- I colored in the ship with copic markers, then fussy cut it out.
- I die cut a stitched rectangle out of another piece of white cardstock for my background panel.
- I made my own cloud mask, and started ink blending some clouds with distress tumbled glass ink on the upper half of the panel.
- I also hand cut a ocean horizon mask, and covered the clouds that I just created. I used distress inks in broken china, evergreen bough, and chipped sapphire for the ocean. With the mask still in place, I sprinkled some water over the ocean portion, then blot with a paper towel. I also added some wink of stella glitter pen over the ocean.
- I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set towards the upper right with Memento tuxedo black ink.
- I popped the whole panel up with some fun foam and attached it to an A2 sized white card base.
- I attached the ship with foam tape.
- To finish my card, I added a few gold sequins.
That’s it for my card! I hope you like it. I think it’s a great card for a boy. On the inside, I can stamp a perfect sentiment for the occasion, like “Happy Birthday!” You’ll find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today as well!