How I created this card:
- I stamped one of the butterflies from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- I colored in the butterfly with copic markers, then fussy cut it out.
- On a piece of white card stock, I stamped just the body and the antennae of the butterfly, and stamped the dashed swirl.
- I blended a little bit of Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink over the stamped antennae & dashed line.
- On a separate piece of white card stock, I die cut the panel into a scalloped rectangle, and then die cut a scalloped circle.
- I masked of the scalloped portions of the rectangle & circle, and taped the Mixed Triangle stencil on top.
- I inked through the stencil using Tim Holtz distress ink in spun sugar and picked raspberry, creating a subtle ombre look.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- I used foam tape and adhered the top scalloped panel over the blue ink blended card stock. Then, I adhered them to a white card base.
- Finally I adhered the butterfly, carefully lining it up with the stamped antennae. I added one layer of foam tape to the body, and 2 layers of foam tape for the wings.
- To finish off my card, I used my corner chomper and rounded the corners of my card, and to add a little sparkle, I added a little bit of glitter glue to the butterfly.
That’s it for me! I really hope you enjoyed my card! You can find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog as well!