Hey guys! Today I have a card for you using Mint Owl Studio’s Piggy Party and Some Bunny stamp sets. Pigs can fly, and anything is possible! 😉 I hope my card will encourage someone, and bring a smile to their face.
You can also find my card on the Mint Owl Studio blog today!
To create my card:
- I stamped out a sweet piggy from Piggy Party and 5 balloons from Some Bunny onto bristol smooth white cardstock with Memento tuxedo black ink. Then, using copic markers, I colored in my images.
- I fussy cut my images, being especially careful around the bottom of the heart balloons. I finished off the edges of the cut images with a black marker.
- I tied a piece of embroidery thread to the bottom of each heart balloon, and set them aside along with my pig.
- On to my sentiment: You can’t tell from the photo, but the sentiment is foiled with rose gold foil. I created my sentiment on my computer, and printed it out on white cardstock with a laser printer. Then, I ran it through my laminator with the foil on top. I love how this turned out!
- First, I cut out the sentiment cardstock with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die, and then I used Mama Elephant’s cloud die from the landscape trio.
- I used the same rectangle and cloud dies to cut out 2 more cloud pieces out of vellum.
- To create my sky background, I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the same stitched rectangle die, and ink blended some Tim Holtz distress ink in tumbled glass.
- I adhered the vellum clouds first, and then the sentiment cloud with some foam tape.
- I carefully adhered the heart balloons how I wanted them, using foam tape for all of them except the very top balloon.
- I gathered the strings and wound it around my piggy, and adhered him with some foam tape.
- To finish off my card, I added sequins from Mint Owl Studio’s peach passion mix with Ranger’s multi medium matte, and added some sparkle to my balloons with some clear Wink of Stella.