Welcome to Mint Owl Studio’s Share the Love Blog Hop! If you are following along on the blog hop, you should have come from the fabulous Laura’s blog. I absolutely love her cards and her videos (I love her rainbows and her one layer cards!)! Next up on the hop is the super talented Audrey!
The idea of this event is to make a card and send it to someone you love. We are part of an amazing hobby and we can use our talent to put a smile on someone’s face. You can send it to a friend or family member who has a birthday, needs some encouragement, or just to say hi. Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs on this hop to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate to the Mint Owl Studio store. There will be one winner chosen, so the more blogs you comment on, the better your chance is to win!
How can you participate and share the love?
- Make a card for someone in your life (it can be a friend, family member, co-worker, etc.)
- Post a photo of it on social media, tag us and use the hashtag #sharethelovemos
- If you don’t use social media, post it on your blog and then leave a link to it on the Mint Owl Studio blog post.
- Send the card in the mail so you can share the love!
- For each card you make and share, you will be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate to the Mint Owl Studio store.
- This event starts on February 8th and ends on February 14th at 11:59 PM CST.
For my stop along this blog hop, I created a spinner card. This was my first spinner card, and I love how it turned out! (By the way, I have been trying a lot of techniques I haven’t tried before, because it’s my crafty New Year’s Resolution!) I will share a video of my card in action on my Instagram.
You can see it spinning on my instagram here!
For this card, I used Mint Owl Studio’s Piggy Party stamp set, and Peach Passion sequin mix.
Here is a step by step on how I created this card:
- I created a top folding A2 sized card base using bristol 100 lb paper.
- I die cut a scalloped rectangle panel from another piece of bristol, using a die from WPlus9’s sunshine layers dies.
- I stamped the “just pigcause I care” sentiment using versamark ink, then heat set using WOW white embossing powder.
- Then using an ink blending tool, I inked up the scalloped panel with Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe ink, concentrating the color on the bottom creating an ombre effect. I watered down some Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink on my craft mat, and using a small paint brush, splattered some of the white ink on my inked up panel.
- I temporarily adhered the scalloped rectangle panel onto my card base. I opened my card base and die cut the scalloped circle (My Favorite Thing’s jumbo peek-a-boo circles) through both the scalloped panel and the top half/panel of my card base.
- On another piece of bristol, I stamped the pig 2 times and colored them using copic markers. I fussy cut the images and lined the edges with a black marker. I also colored along the edges on the back of the images using my black marker, in case the pigs didn’t line up perfectly.
- I went to the garage and fished out a piece of fishing line (hehe). I glued my 2 piggies back to back, sandwiching the fishing line in between them.
- I wanted the scalloped card panel to be raised, so I adhered foam tape all along the back. I carefully aligned the piggies in the scalloped circle window, and stuck the fishing line to the foam tape. (I trimmed off the excess.)
- Here comes the tricky part. I had to carefully align the scallops of the circle on the scalloped inked panel to the scallops of the circle on the card base.
- For the inside of my card, I added a piece of pattern paper that I die cut using Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die.
- To finish off my card, I added a few clear sequins from Mint Owl Studio’s peach passion sequin mix.
I really love how my card turned out, and I hope you do too! Don’t forget to continue along the blog hop, and if you get lost, you can always go back to the Mint Owl Studio blog!
Jung, that’s ME!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous Monday!